AutumnFest Boer Goat Show Rules:
Saturday, October 10, 2020
Youth Showmanship, 2 ABGA shows, Commercial Doe show, Market Goat show
Hendricks County Fairgrounds
1900 E Main Street Danville, IN 46122
Judges: Alyssa Dugat and Kyle Tate
Entries and payment must be completed ONLINE at phase5goatshow.com. Early rate by 6:00pm Wednesday, October 7, 2020. Entry is $20 per class/show. Fees double for entries accepted after 6pm on October 7th. No Refunds unless the show is cancelled.
October 10th Show Order (show begins at 10am)
- Youth showmanship – Alyssa Dugat
- ABGA Show 1 – Alyssa Dugat
- ABGA Show 2 – Kyle Tate
- Commercial Doe Show – Kyle Tate
- Market Goat Show – Kyle Tate
Open shows are governed by the rules of the American Boer Goat Association (AGBA.) Phase5 rules have priority for the Commercial Doe Show and Market Show. For incidents not covered by show rules, the Phase5 Show Committee’s decision will be final.
Eligibility of Animals
- All goats entered into ABGA sanctioned shows must be registered in the ABGA herd book.
- All goats entered into ABGA sanctioned shows must be registered with the ABGA in order to acquire Ennoblement points.
- Original registration certificates are required, except that a copy of a registration application, stamped with the date received by ABGA, can be accepted for kids less than 3 months of age. Animals over the age of 3 months must have the original registration certificate in hand at time of show.
- 1400. A v. An animal that may be verified as registered in the web-based database of ABGA will be accepted in lieu of registration certificate. Verification must be provided by the exhibitor in either digital or print to the show secretary.
- 1400.A.vi. Original registration certificates are required, except that a copy of a registration application, stamped with the date received by ABGA, can be accepted for kids less than 6 months of age. This temporary rule will expire on 12-31-2020 and revert back to rule 1400. A. iii
- Temporary registration certificates generated at the time of online registration with ABGA will be accepted in lieu of the original registration certificate until the expiration date indicated.
- All goats must be appropriately identified and comply with USDA Scrapie Eradication Program Guidelines.
- October 10th will be used to determine ABGA classes. Papers are not required for commercial does.
Arrival and Check-in. Animals may arrive Friday, October 9th beginning at 5pm. All goats in the open show must be in place and papers checked in with the show secretary by 9am the day of the show. All goats in the commercial doe show and market show must be in place and checked in with the show secretary by 2pm the day of the show.
Health requirements: Goats must be Healthy and free of visible signs of contagious diseases. Animals of questionable health may be excused. All goats must comply with Indiana BOAH and Scrapie rules. Out of state goats must follow any rules for transport set by the state of Indiana. All goats must be tagged or have some other permanent form of ID.
Commercial Doe Show and Market Show
Entries and payment must be completed ONLINE at phase5goatshow.com. Early rate by 6:00pm Wednesday, October 7, 2020. Entry is $20. Fees double for entries accepted after 6pm on October 7th. No Refunds unless the show is cancelled.
Classes will be set after check-in is complete. Declared weight will be used.
Phase5 reserves the right to conduct weigh-backs of commercial does and market animals. Animals gaining more than 10 lbs from entry weight will be disqualified.
Safety: Dogs must always be on a leash and are not allowed in barns or show arena. No smoking within 20 feet of the barns or show arena. No unethical treatment of animals will be allowed.
Exhibitors and their families are responsible for safety and care of their goats, and release Phase5 and any committee members from any and all responsibility for loss or damages or accidents.
Phase5 reserves the right to refuse any exhibitor entry and to ask any person whose behavior is deemed detrimental to leave immediately.
Shavings will be available for those that PRE-PURCHASE online. Remember to add them to your cart before checkout.
Pen fees – $5 Exhibitors may show from Trailers.
Youth Showmanship will begin at 10am and is open to breeding does, commercial does and market goats.
Showmanship entry is $5 per class (grade as of 10/1/2020)
- PeeWee (up to 2nd grade)
- Junior (3rd – 5th grade)
- Intermediate (6th – 8th grade)
- Senior (9th grade up to age 21)